How can I take a payment in a booking with a credit/debit card?
If a guest would like to pay for their booking over the phone, you have the facility to take this payment directly within their booking on SuperControl. This feature is enabled for Sage Pay, Secure Trading and HolidayRentPayment.
1. First you need to navigate to the booking.
2. If you know the booking number you can enter this in the booking number search in the top right of the SuperControl pages.
You can also go to Bookings > Grid view. Once you load your grid you can click on the booking to take you into the main area for that booking OR you can go to Bookings > Search bookings and use the filter options to find your booking.
3. Once you’re in the booking, scroll down and the Customer Payments tab will be selected by default.
4. To mark a payment as paid carry out these steps:
- Next to "Payment type" select your payment method eg. Visa or Mastercard. (How do I enable these card types if they don't show). This will open up additional fields for you to enter card details. Make sure you complete all fields.
- Tick Deposit paid and/or Balance paid depending on what money you wish to take.
- Tick "Process online using Sage Pay", the wording will change accordingly based on what payment processor you are using. Click OK.
- Click Save.
- You will receive a SUCCESS message to say the payment has gone though. Click OK and the booking will refresh with the payment logged.
A payment can only be processed successfully if the guests address is added to the booking. Always ensure this is added before attempting to take a payment.
5. To mark a payment which is different from the main deposit and balance amounts as paid, you can enter this within the ‘Enter Custom Payment’ area.
- Firstly next to "Payment type" select your payment method eg. Visa or Mastercard. (How do I enable these card types if they don't show). This will open up additional fields for you to enter card details. Make sure you complete all fields.
- Enter a caption, date, payment method, amount and click ‘Save’.