How can I amend my Channel Cancellation Policies?
This article provides a guide to how to make changes to your Channel Cancellation policies. These are the policies that determine if and when a guest who needs to cancel their booking might expect to receive a refund, and how much of a refund (i.e. full or partial) they can expect.
If you need to change your cancellation policies, and you are using the LEGACY (Rates & Availability Only) integration, just follow these steps in your Booking.com Extranet:
- Click on the ‘Property’ tab in the Extranet and select ‘Policies’ to make any changes.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ button of the policy you would like to adjust.
- Adjust the settings of the policy, choosing Flexible, and specifying the number of days before arrival as above.
- Remember to click ‘Save’ when you’re done. This will apply to future bookings.
Video to explain in the Booking.com Help Centre.
For Booking.com listing using the FULL (API) connection, please instead request cancellation policy changes by emailing: email@example.com
This is the most flexible option for guests and allows them to cancel for a full refund until 24 hours before check-in. This means you won’t get paid if a guest cancels at least 24 hours before check-in. If they cancel after that, you’ll get paid for every night they stay, plus 1 additional night.
This is a moderately flexible option for guests that allows them to cancel for a full refund until 5 days before check-in. This means you won’t get paid if a guest cancels at least 5 days before check-in. If they cancel after that, you’ll get paid for every night they stay, plus 1 additional night, plus 50% for all unspent nights.
This is the least flexible option for guests and allows them to cancel for a full refund only during the 48 hours after booking, and only if they cancel at least 14 days before check-in. If guests cancel later than that, but at least 7 days before check-in, you’ll get paid 50% for all nights. If guests cancel later than 7 days before check-in, you’ll get paid 100% for all nights.
How to view or change your cancellation policy
If you don’t know which cancellation policy applies to your listing or you want to change it:
- Log in to your Airbnb account.
- Go to Your listings and select a listing
- Click Booking settings
- Next to Policies, click Edit
- Under Cancellation policy, select a policy, then click Save
Note: Changes to your cancellation policy will only be applied to future reservations, and won't affect any pending or confirmed reservations
The image below demonstrates, for example, the timeline for the Moderate policy:
You can choose your own custom cancellation policy for HomeAway, providing you are using the full integration. To do this follow the steps below:
1. In SuperControl go to Integrations > Channel Manager > International > HomeAway (click "5 or more listings" to get your properties to display).
2. Scroll down the page where you can select "Custom" for your cancellation policy.
You could select from the three standard tiers, and also have the option to fully customise the policy, for example: