FAQs: TripAdvisor integration
You will only be able to send quotes if you have prices for the enquiry period added within your Price Planner in SuperControl. You will need to check you have relevant pricing added by going to Properties > Edit > select property > Price Planner > Go. For help with adding prices click here.
Depending on the plan type, listings might not have a booking fee. Accounts on a subscription or Pay-per-Lead model don’t charge a traveller commission. The most popular plan - the commission model, always has a traveller booking fee.
Yes, special prices feed through to TripAdvisor.
SuperControl has a full integration with the TripAdvisor Real Time Rates and & Availability API. Once you are integrated TripAdvisor does a live lookup on SuperControl when a guest checks for dates on your listing. This results in 100% accurate pricing.
However, this integration doesn't extend to the prices that appear when a guest is doing a general search on TripAdvisor. SuperControl does send TripAdvisor your normal seasonal prices but in the search TripAdvisor uses a generic algorithm to calculate an approximate price for the guest.
Currently this is the only way that we can send prices and it can result in the guest seeing a different price in the search and the listing. But the real-time check on the listing page will ensure that the guest always sees your correct pricing before requesting to book.
If you update TripAdvisor, SuperControl pulls through the changes and update the booking. However if you have existing bookings with options/extras assigned, the options/extras will not update (but the booking will).
It depends on the source and status of the booking. If it is from an enquiry/quote then SuperControl will only import confirmed/cancelled bookings. Otherwise SuperControl imports bookings with a 'Pending' status as provisional and update accordingly when TripAdvisor does.
They are cancelled on TripAdvisor's side. SuperControl is then updated by TripAdvisor.
When TripAdvisor request a price for specific dates, we will calculate them as follows:
Rental price + any default or hidden extras you have set on top of which we will then add the uplift; should you set one.
Price for 3 nights is £300 in the price planner + £10 booking fee + 5 % uplift.
If you choose to send content from SuperControl into TripAdvisor, we can currently send the following:
- Property name
- Property description (NB. We can only send short description or main description from your property details)
- Additional amenities eg. pet friendly, free parking etc (NB. we cannot send these options as an optional charge)
- Address (Longitude/Latitude)
- Refundable or security deposit
New developments are coming to the TripAdvisor integration. Watch this space...
Yes, TripAdvisor's policy is that they require you to list your whole portfolio of properties on their platform.
TripAdvisor will send you an email notification when the payment has been released for a booking.
SuperControl cannot automatically mark TripAdvisor bookings as paid; you will need to manually mark the booking as paid when you have received the payout.
You can add an uplift to all your listings by going to Integrations > Channel Manager > International > TripAdvisor Rentals
Select your uplift in the Increase rates by field in the settings section section then click Update.
You can customise the settings that are being used for your integration with TripAdvisor Rental.
They can be found in SuperControl under Integration > Channel Manager > International > TripAdivsor Rentals.
- Anonymise property names - The name under which the property is listed will not display the actual name on TripAdvisor. The name will stay unchanged in SuperControl.
- Property descriptions come from - You can chose from different descriptions that can be entered into SuperControl: Short, Main and Second description.
These descriptions need to be entered for each property individually under Properties > Edit > Web details > sub-menu Web details.
In the TripAdvisor dashboard you need to go to Listings >Preferences and make sure that you select Yes to auto-update the description.
3. Include additional amenities - Set this option to Yes to forward the amenities that have been mapped to TripAdvisor.
Please see Amenities : How do I add/edit my amenities? for details.
4. Increase rates by - Here you set the percentage you want to use as an uplift.
The uplift will be added to the price set in the price planner, but it will not be applied to the default booking extras.
5. Send discounted pricing - If you have set up discounts and these should be forwarded to TripAdvisor this option needs to be set to Yes.
6. Send short break prices - If you allow short breaks this option needs to be set to Yes to forward the prices for shorter than 7 night stays.
7. Exclude refundable deposit from prices - When set to Yes the price the guest will be quoted will exclude any refundable deposit set up for any property. The refundable deposit will be added to the price when the guest is booking their stay.
8. Exclude required booking extras from prices - When set to Yes the price the guest will be quoted will exclude any default extras that have been set up e.g. a booking fee or utility cover. The default booking extras will be added to the price when the guest is booking their stay.
9. Itemise tourist tax (custom extra) - This option will only need to be set to Yes should you be required to charge a tourism tax. This needs to have been set up as default booking extra. It will be added as a custom booking extra.
Most customers will not need to itemise this.
TripAdvisor Instant book is also called TripConnect.
The integration is still available but very few clients use it. It requires a different type of TripAdvisor account which very few holiday rentals have.
Please go to https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/CostPerClick and click the "Check your eligibility" button at the bottom. This will tell them, if they can connect to the service from SuperControl