RentalGuardian (Accidental Damage Protection) : How do I enable it?
Rental Guardian Accidental Damage Protection (RDP) provides coverage against accidental damage to the vacation rental property during your guest's stay. RDP in most cases replace the need for a security deposit. When a guest purchases this cover with their booking, the RDP plan covers the guest for up to the specified coverage amount if the property or contents in the property are damaged during the stay. Coverage is subject to the program terms and conditions. Please click here for more information.
1. To set up the connection with RentalGuardian, login to your SuperControl account and go to Integrations > Insurance products> Rental Guardian > Settings & Application form.
2. Click the Damage Protection Activation Form button.
We transfer as much data as possible from your SuperControl account to make the onboarding process simple.
If you have been with SuperControl for more than one year we automatically populate the annual revenue and average booking value fields.
These are based on arrivals in the last 12 months and converted to US Dollars. You can adjust the data if you don't feel that it truly represents your business.
Submitting this form does not commit you to anything.
3. After filling out the form, you should wait for Rental Guardian to process this and if accepted then we will inform you directly when the integration is activated in your account. Once activated please log back into SuperControl, and go to Integrations > Insurance products > Rental Guardian > Settings & Application form.
Once you have received your activation e-mail you will now see new settings available on the Integration page.
4. First you should choose whether to show or hide the cost of your Damage Protection Cover to guests by selecting from the drop down menu:
5. Then next you can add in your chosen rates.
-First you would add your rate for "Booking rents up to"
-Then you would select the coverage required by Rental Guardian from the drop down menu.
-Then you add in the rate you want to charge the guest based on the booking rent amount you have entered.
You can add in as many lines as you like.. to add a new line click on the "+" box.
A new line will then appear for you to add in more rates, you can add in as many as you choose.
This is the rates per coverage bracket taken by Rental Guardian per booking.
On our interface we have added a conversion reference to these rates to help guide you when deciding what rates you want to set.
The example below shows that, for bookings with a rental value of up to £500, guests will be charged £50. This would provide you with up to $1000 (£774.75) of accidental damage cover protection and Rental Guardian would take $59 (£45.71). You can choose to charge the guest the exact amount that RentalGuardian charge but in this case below there would be a £4.29 profit as the owner is deciding to charge the guest £50 instead of £45.71.
6. Once you have added your rates please tick to enable Rental Guardian Damage Protection.
7. You can now select which properties you wish to apply Damage protection to, you can either enable for all properties or enable for selected properties. Then click save.
8. You can now include details on damage coverage in your terms and conditions. To add this to your Terms and Condition go to Admin > Terms & Conditions.
1. Within SuperControl, you can keep track of all the bookings you've taken that include RentalGuardian accidental damage protection. Go to Integrations > Insurance products > Rental Guardian> Bookings. Here, you can filter by Coverage status, Booking status, Arrival date or Booking dates. Once you have set your parameters click "Filter" to obtain your report.
2. Your report shows all of the below filters as well as a link to the Damage protection certificate. If you click on the certificate link it will open it up in a pop-up.
You can also click on the booking number and it will take you to the booking, where a link to the certificate is also displayed: