Add a "Book now" call-to-action button to your Facebook page
Do you know that Facebook has added call-to-action features to its business pages? Essentially, you can choose from a selection of call-to-action buttons – including “Book now” – enabling visitors to book your property directly from the header of your Facebook page.
Please note we would highly recommend you have Google Analytics tracking set up to allow you to report accurately on the call-to-action button. Please see our set up guide here
Before you add the button we suggest that you use the Google Campaign URL builder as this will allow you to capture reporting data about the referrer in your Google Analytics platform. For more information please see the URL builder help guide.
- Go to the Campaign URL builder
- Enter the URL of your calendar, for example this might be https://www.test.com/calendar.asp
- Enter the Campaign Source as Facebook
- Enter the Campaign Medium as Facebook-Book-Now-btn
- Enter the Campaign Name: Facebook-btn
- Copy the URL that has been generated, which will look something like: https://www.test.com/calendar.asp?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook-Book-Now-btn&utm_campaign=Facebook-btn
- Enter the URL into your browser and click go. If this takes you to your website calendar page then it has been set up correctly
- Keep a copy of this URL ready to paste into Facebook
How do I add a book now button?
- Log in to your Facebook account and go to your page’s cover picture
- Click on Create Call-to-action
- Select Book now. Then paste in the destination URL you have copied from the Campaign Builder
- Click Create
Viewing the Campaign data in Google Analytics
In Google Analytics any clicks on this new button will be reported in your Acquisition area:
- Click Acquisition in the reports on the left
- Choose All Campaigns
- If you have received call to action clicks on Facebook you will see traffic data for 'Facebook-btn' in the report