How can I block dates or close a property?
How to block individual dates or sets of dates
2. Tick this box before you save the booking.
3. If a booking is already saved, you can mark it as a closed booking by clicking Edit, ticking "Property closed" and then click Save.
Ticking Property Closed will ensure that the figures are Zero'ed.
How do I block dates for a specified period?
1. Go to Properties > Edit > select property > Settings > Go.
2. Scroll down to the heading "Availability chart options" and next to the the option "Don't accept arrival before", select your date by clicking on the calendar icon.
3. You can choose to enter a reason for the property unavailable for this time in the box below. This can be made to appear as a pop-up message when a guest clicks on a date within the specified range.
If you want guests to still be able to click on the arrival days, but be shown the message, then DO NOT tick the "Show as unavailable" box.
If you would rather show that there is no availability, DO tick the "Show as unavailable" bo
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
If you want to copy this setting to all properties, for more instructions click here.
5. If you added a reason and left "Show as unavailable" un-ticked, the reason will appear as in the example below when a guest clicks a date within the range specified. The dates will still be clickable.
6. If you chose "Show as Unavailable" instead, the dates will not be clickable. In the example below, "Show as Unavailable" was ticked, and the date range set to end on 30th April. There were some existing bookings in place, which appear in grey shapes, the remaining days until the 30th are in white but cannot be clicked on, and the dates from the 30th onward are bookable as normal.