How do I create my own questions to ask on an enquiry form?
With SuperControl OWNER or AGENCY you can set your own questions for guests to complete on the enquiry form. You can use this feature to find out extra information.
1. To add a custom field go to Properties > Booking and enquiry form fields.
2. Here you can set-up custom questions on your booking and/or enquiry form. You might, for example, want to ask the guest how they would like their rooms set-up: "How would you like your beds made up? Double, single, or z-bed."
3. In the "Help notes" box you can add notes about the extras and these will appear beneath the question on the booking form.
4. On the drop-down menu, choose a question type.
Provides a small text box to type a few words.
||Provides a large text box for writing a longer sentence.
||A tick box is provided. This is where they can select their answer choice.
|Drop down||For drop down fields, separate each option using "|".
|Text comment only
||This enables you to write a comment into your booking/enquiry form which does not solicit a response from the customer.
5. You can make individual custom form fields compulsory by ticking the "Compulsory question" box. This means customers must answer your set question in order to progress with their booking.
6. Next, choose where you would like the custom question to be shown:
- booking form
- enquiry form
- both forms
- no forms (this is if you want to remove the question).
7. Tick "Show to customers" if you would like the custom question to appear on the booking and/or enquiry forms. If this box is unticked the field will not show on forms for your customers, instead it will show in the backend forms only for use by admins taking bookings.
8. Then click Save. You can preview the form to check that it appears correctly.
Make the most of custom fields on your booking and enquiry forms
Are you aware of all the benefits of customising your booking and enquiry form fields within your account (Properties > Booking and enquiry form fields)?
Benefits to you:
1. It saves you time, for instance, you could ask “How would you like the beds configured in the second bedroom (eg double or twin)”? By making this question a custom field in the booking form, this saves you having to contact the guests separately to find out.
2. You can gather extra information from guests and use it to your advantage.
“What are the ages of everyone in the party?” You might need to know this for tax or insurance purposes (e.g. some properties don’t accept children). Knowing your guests’ ages also enables you to plan your marketing towards them.
3. You can use it for market research.
“What’s the reason for your visit?” Asking this means you can be extra prepared for the guests’ arrival and potentially boost the value of the booking. You can use this information to target them with specific Options & Extras that you offer, for instance (e.g. a hen party might be interested in spa packages; an anniversary or birthday celebration might mean the guests would like champagne or decorations on arrival, etc). If it’s a special occasion, you can also make a note of this in the system and use it to tempt the guests back in the future with a special birthday/anniversary voucher or offer.
If you provide multiple choice answers, then you can collate data and use it to tailor your accommodation better (and boost your bookings)!
4. It’s entirely flexible: You can add to your questions or tweak them any time you want.
You can also set-up custom questions on your booking form. Click here for more information.