How do I refund a payment with HolidayRentPayment?
1. First please make sure you have an up to date mandate on file. You can do this by going to Integrations > Online Payment Gateways > HolidayRentPayment > Application Form, scroll to the bottom, you will see a link. Select the link and download the form to see if the bank details they have on file are correct.
2. If this is correct, you can skip to the next step. If this is incorrect, you can contact HolidayRentPayment for a new mandate on +44 203 514 3841 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can download a blank mandate from the bottom of this page.
3. Navigate to the booking. If you know the booking number you can enter this in the booking number search in the top right of the SuperControl pages.
You can also go to Bookings > Grid view. Once you load your grid you can click on the booking to take you into the main area for that booking OR you can go to Bookings > Search bookings and use the filter options to find your booking.
4. Next to a HolidayRentPayment transaction click “HolidayRentPayment Refund”. Please note the amount you wish to refund cannot exceed the amount paid in the initial transaction.
5. Enter the amount you wish to refund. You can either refund a refundable deposit or other amount.
6. Click ‘Process refund’.
7. A SUCCESS pop-up will appear, click OK.
8. Once the page refreshes you will see a refund transaction within Customer payments.
Always ensure your refunds include a HolidayRentPayment reference number. This proves the transaction is successful. If there is no reference number then you haven’t completed the refund correctly. You can delete this and try again.
Refund Fees: If and when a refund is issued, all payments along with any fees are refunded back to the guest. HolidayRentPayment do not charge the property owner or the guest for issuing a refund.
Yes, you will not be able to join HolidayRentPayment without completing a mandate.
The bank disables the mandate if there is no activity within 24 months. This can also happen if you change your bank account or if you cancel your direct debit.
You can set up different bank accounts for different properties using HRP. Therefore you will only need a mandate per bank account. If all your properties use one bank account, then you will only need to do the mandate once.
When doing a refund you will receive the following error message: Need an approved signed Mandate on file to complete refund. Please contact email@example.com for further assistance.