Custom fields : How can I use Custom Fields to store property-specific information?
You can create additional text fields to store information about your individual properties, which can then be pulled through to a template email using a single tag.
An example of this might be if you wanted to create a single 'Arrival Instructions' template to send to all your properties, but within that single template you needed to include the specific entry code for the property booked.
Setting-up Custom Fields is a two-stage process. First you set-up your Custom Fields, then you go into each property to populate the information for that particular property (i.e. its own specific access code).
1. Set-Up the Custom Fields
1. Go to Properties > Custom fields.
2. Enter a field name eg. "Door entry codes" and click "Add new".
You can set-up different types of fields, depending upon what you will use them for. The image below shows some examples, from a single line (for a Key Code), to a multi-line box (for a longer set of instructions), an image, and a date. Dates can be used to create Property Reminders to flag important things to be aware of.
2. Populate the fields in each individual property
3. Go to Properties > Edit > select property > Custom fields > Go. You will now be shown an additional text field to enter your information for each of your individual properties- once added click Save, and then go to the Custom Fields section of the next property and add the code for that property.
2. Pull this information into your email templates using a tag
4. Go to Emails/Letters > Edit.
5. Select your letter you wish to include this new information and click Edit.
6. Click the "Tag" button to display your tag options.
7. Click on "Booking properties" and near the bottom you will see your list of property custom fields. Click the relevant tag to enter into your email template and close the window.
8. Click Save once your template is ready. Now when you generate the letter to send within a booking, the custom field will be pre-populated with the correct information. How do I generate an email to a guest?
How can delete all custom property fields?
1. Go to Property > Custom Fields
2. Click onto Edit on the right hand side.
3. Click onto the down arrow in the empty field underneath Save and Delete.
4. Click onto the first entry in the list that comes up.
5. This will forward you directly to the property where the entry needs to be deleted from this custom field.
Repeat step 4. and 5. until there is no longer anything left in the list. The drop down list will no longer display for the custom field.
6. Click Delete on the right hand side