How do I Create a new Airbnb listing for my SuperControl Property?
** Please note, setting up this integration enables Instant Booking on Airbnb **
This article provides instructions for creating a new Airbnb listing using property information in SuperControl. For linking a property in SuperControl with an existing Airbnb listing (a 'Rate & Availability only' connection), see this companion article.
1. Go to Integrations > Channel manager > International > Airbnb.
Click "Connect with Airbnb".
2. Next to your chosen property click "Start".
3. Do not tick "Rates & Availability only". Ticking this will exclude any content information from SuperControl being sent, since this setting is only used when linking existing Airbnb listings to SuperControl.
4. Once your Airbnb default settings have been copied you are moved to the "Validated" section. If there is any data missing in SuperControl a warning message will appear. Click "Fix" to enter all missing information.
Example of error messaging:
Photos- Airbnb requires a minimum of 7 photos in order to create a listing. If you try and delete photos in SuperControl (via Properties > Edit > Photos) that falls below 7, you will be warned this is not possible.
5. Once the information has been added click "Re-validate" - if all information has been added you can click "Create Listing".
6. When you click to "Create listing" from SuperControl, a pop-up will display to confirm your location information. Location details are very important otherwise your listing will not be validated by Airbnb. Please check the details and update if necessary then click Yes. This will ensure your property onboarding runs smoothly. If this is all correct, your listing is now being created on Airbnb. Please note this process can take a couple of minutes.
7. Once the property has been "Approved" click "Publish". You will then be prompted to log in to Airbnb.
8. Once logged in to your Airbnb portal you need to map your property. Click 'Review Listings'.
9. Match the existing listing on the left with the new 'dummy' listing on the right.
10. Click 'Create Listings' to complete the sync.
This will initially create a limited sync (prices & availability only). To convert this into a full sync (pulling content from SuperControl) follow steps 11 & 12 below.
11. In Airbnb, go to Host > Listings. Tick the listing(s) that you want to edit, then click 'Edit Selected', then click 'Sync Settings'. This will enable you to switch the listing from Limited to Full Sync, and allow content to be drawn directly from SuperControl, to overwrite the dummy listing.
12. This short video illustrates the process within Airbnb.
For more information on how to make the most of your Airbnb listing watch this webinar.