About SuperControl's HomeAway integration
As a HomeAway Preferred Partner, we have a fantastic full feed integration with HomeAway that is available to clients with 5+ properties (NB. HomeAway require your business to be VAT registered). This is a two-way integration that updates availability, pricing, and listing content from SuperControl to HomeAway (and affiliate sites, such as Owners Direct).
Offering online booking is one of the main factors that influences how high your property ranks on HomeAway (the higher your rank, the greater your visibility – and that equals more bookings). According to HomeAway, 92% of travellers using their websites expect to be able to book their holiday from a property listing. As a SuperControl customer, you can take online bookings through your property listings on HomeAway. To add this feature to your HomeAway listings, please contact your HomeAway Account Manager.
Get UpFront Reviews on your listings
Reviews are one of the main ranking factors that HomeAway uses and they will become even more important in the new ranking algorithm. If you use UpFront Reviews, these reviews can be automatically pushed from SuperControl to your HomeAway listings.
Save time with integrated enquiries
Enquiries from HomeAway (and any affiliate site) can be captured automatically within your SuperControl account. This is designed to save you lots of time by not having to manually enter them in yourself.
Tips to make your listings shine - Enabling online booking, collecting reviews, maintaining an integrated calendar and integrating your rates are some of the main elements that affect the search ordering of listings on HomeAway. Your photos and content are also key: which means there are a few easy steps you can take to ensure your listings reach the top.
Photos are a critical component of each listing. The following are guidelines that HomeAway recommends:
- Each listing must have at least six pictures but you can use up to 24 (more is better).
- The recommended resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- The maximum photo size is 20 MB.
- The first photo serves as a thumbnail so should be the most representative of the property.
You should fill in all captions with information pertinent to each photo.
Make sure you meet HomeAway’s minimum content requirements or your listings won’t show:
- Headlines must have at least 20 characters.
- Descriptions must have at least 400 characters.
- Each listing must have at least 6 photos.
- Bedroom and bathroom count should be included for each listing.
- An accurate address and latitude/longitude is required for each property.
- Updated calendar and rates information.
If you’re unsure of any of these points, make sure you log in to your HomeAway dashboard to check how you can improve your listings – or, let us know and we’ll try to help you.
To boost your bookings with HomeAway, watch this webinar.